Thursday, April 21, 2011

Injuries Suck!!

So I know first hand that is really sucks to watch someone else get or be hurt. But it also sucks to sustain injuries yourself.
Last night I managed to mess up my own ankle. It's swollen and sore but otherwise fine. A few days off skates and I should be good as new. But at the time it really hurt and at first I was worried that I had seriously injured it like I did back in high school.


So the red arrow in the picture above is pointing to the tendon of the peroneous longus muscle. In high school I completely torn that tendon and several others completely off the bone. So last night when I felt the pop in my ankle I was very worried that I had done the same thing over again.

So as I sit here trying to avoid being on my feet, keeping my leg elevated as much as I can as well as stretching my ankle so it doesn't stiffen up too much I think to myself...jeez this is a really bad time to hurt myself. We have a game coming up in a few weeks and we already have a short roster due to injury and unavailability, taking myself off the roster due to injury would not help the cause.

Well in the mean time I will stick to my nutrition plan and rest up this ankle so that hopefully I can be back on skates next week.

Food for today:

6:15 - HerbaLife shake with 3 tsp. PP and 1 scoop PDM, multivitamin, cell activator, total control, flora-fiber
8:00 - green tea from Timmies
9:00 - an apple and an HerbaLife protein bar
12:10 -HerbaLife shake with 3 tsp. PP and 1 scoop PDM, multivitamin, cell activator, total control, flora-fiber
1:00 - 30oz water with  2 scoops HerbaLife Beverage mix, 1 tsp. HerbaLife Brazilian Herbal Tea and 1 tsp. HerbaLife Herbal Tea Concentrate
3:00 - an apple and an HerbaLife protein bar
6:30 - Spinach salad and tuna ( I think lol ), multivitamin, flora-fiber

And water, water and more water :)


No comments:

Post a Comment